Thank you for your interest in becoming a KODA Midwest Camp Counselor, and a CIT for the 2017 summer as well as to be support staff.
The application form is currently available for you to fill out. Application
To be a COUNSELOR:
You must be able to work from June 19th to July 29th. (A few people will work during the last week).
• Over 18 years of age ( Except those who are applying for the Counselor In Training job.)
• Good character and leadership qualities.
• Respected and in good standing in the community.
• Familiar with deaf/hard of hearing culture.
• Prior experience working with youth.
• Willing to live and work within a community of caring individuals.
• NO Misdemeanors or Felony convictions involving children or adults.
• Must be able to provide your own transportation to and from camp.
• CPR and First Aid certification is a necessary.
• Work with children outdoors and indoors
• Relate to one’s peer group
• Accept guidance and supervision
• Teach and assist in activities
• Maintain the confidentiality of all campers/staff
• Have good character, integrity, and adaptability
• Have enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
• Learn the likes/dislikes of each camper
• Recognize and respond to opportunities for problem solving in the group
• Develop opportunities for interaction among campers and staff
• Provide opportunities so that each camper has a successful experience at camp
• Help each camper have a fun & safe experience while at camp
• Supervise all assigned aspects of the campers’ day
• Help with clean-up, meal times, rest hour, day and evening activities, getting ready for bed, and after-hour duty as assigned
• Instruct campers in emergency procedures such as tornado/storm drills
• Make suggestions for the following season
• Perform other duties as assigned
***KODA Camp Experience Preferred***
Counselor in Training (CIT):
- Will perform duties outlined above under supervision of the counselors as well as other staffs.
Applicant Link. Thanks!